Situated right in front of the German/Austrian Alps are the Neuschwanstein Castles. These castles are absolutely break taking from the outside. The inside was beautiful as well, but during my tour I found myself saying, “Am I seriously paying money to walk in something is only 100 years old? When can I see some real castles. Real old castles?” Living in Rome has sure changed my perception of what is old.

But nonetheless the castles were neat to see and being in Marie and Philip’s company made the tours exciting.
After the castles, we headed to Munich were our hotel was. And I can really say that Munich is my favorite city in Germany. We only spent one evening there. One rainy evening. But the entire time I was pinching myself and soaking in the atmosphere. Munich is the perfect mix between cozy downtown and busy city. The main street is so friendly and inviting with neat churches and buildings showing off their decorative styles. But there is still the thrill of the city dancing in the air. Standing in those perfect streets I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I was perfectly happy to be in such a beautiful city. Just to feel the excitement and life. Here are some pictures of our rainy night.
We ate dinner in Munich at a traditional Bavarian Guest House. Where the women really were wearing this:

…and really were serving this. (Just pretend like the advertisement is not across the whole picture.) I asked Marie at least twice if the girls usually wear these outfits. Her response, “Of course. During the holidays and when you work in a traditional restaurant. I have a dirndl.” And everything on the menu was meat, meat, meat. The waiter was shocked when Marie asked for a vegetarian dish for me (I just couldn’t put another piece of meat in my mouth). The evening was delightful chatting with Marie’s Dad and cousin in a Bavarian Guest House in darling Munich.
No comments:
Post a Comment