Monday, November 23, 2009

Hot Chocolate on Display

I love the hot chocolate in Italy. It is thick and luscious. Delightfully warm.

When I tasted my first Italian cioccolata calda I was shocked by the thickness and intense taste (no wonder they gave me a spoon along with the cup).I will admit it took a while to get used to the thick richness, but now I can’t imagine going back to the watered down American version (otherwise known as hot water with a sprinkling of coca). Here is Italy a small cup of perfection is more than enough to satisfy one’s taste buds, whereas in the states we buy a 16oz drink and are sad to see it finished.

Each time I find myself in front of a cioccolata calda I am still amazed. Amazed heaven is in my mouth. And each time I treat myself to a cioccolata calda I spend the first few minutes just looking at it. Trying to comprehend its perfection. Soaking in its beauty. And then I eventually take out my camera and look like a total dork by taking a picture. So I am going to humor myself now and hopefully end this silly obsession by displaying my cioccolata calda. Ti prego. Please, enjoy.





1 comment:

  1. A cup of heaven isn't it? Ohhh, so hard to go back to the watery mess served up in the states! Starbucks used to sell this tiny cup of REAL hot chocolate! It became a weekly obsession for me winter AND summer! Unfortunately nobody here in the states was buying it so they stopped offering it on their menu! Gone forever! Boo hoo! Have a cup for me and smile in heavenly bliss! Divino!

    ReplyDelete