My school is in the middle of Roma just a two minute walk away from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. At 9am I stroll through decorative iron gates into a beautiful courtyard and then head up the stairs which is lined with a red carpet. My classroom is on the third floor; I love to peek out the window and see laundry hanging from the shutters above the cobblestone street.
My teacher’s name is Daniela. She is an animated Italian whose flamboyance creates an excellent educational and yet entertaining atmosphere. Because I am learning with people from all over the world I am fully submersed in the Italian language for the two hours I am in class. Very few of the students speak English and Daniela only speaks Italian. Daniela explains our vocabulary words to us by running around the classroom, pointing to objects, and giving us dramatic interpretations.
October 1st was my first day of school. After just one day and three basic rules I can pronounce just about everything in Italian. What about the exceptions to the rules you ask? Well there really aren’t any. Italian is beautifully phonetic.
Thanks to the copious amounts of homework I already have been given, my Italian vocabulary has seen a huge improvement. I can’t wait to start using verbs and reach a point where I can have basic conversations with people in the city.
It is absolutely awe inspiring to learn this beautiful language is such a beautiful and truly Italian building. I love school.
My teacher’s name is Daniela. She is an animated Italian whose flamboyance creates an excellent educational and yet entertaining atmosphere. Because I am learning with people from all over the world I am fully submersed in the Italian language for the two hours I am in class. Very few of the students speak English and Daniela only speaks Italian. Daniela explains our vocabulary words to us by running around the classroom, pointing to objects, and giving us dramatic interpretations.
October 1st was my first day of school. After just one day and three basic rules I can pronounce just about everything in Italian. What about the exceptions to the rules you ask? Well there really aren’t any. Italian is beautifully phonetic.
Thanks to the copious amounts of homework I already have been given, my Italian vocabulary has seen a huge improvement. I can’t wait to start using verbs and reach a point where I can have basic conversations with people in the city.
It is absolutely awe inspiring to learn this beautiful language is such a beautiful and truly Italian building. I love school.
No comments:
Post a Comment