I am proud to announce that today I conquered my fears and managed to find my way through the bustling city! Meirav and Saul dropped me off at church this morning with confidence that I would be able to find my way home(although I had only been on the metro once). I was awfully nervous. After church I asked the missionaries (the only ward members who spoke any English!) to show me how to get to the metro. They pointed the way, and my adventure began. This next part will probably sound like Greek to most of you, but I am so proud I must divulge.
I walked for 15 minutes from the church until I reached Metro A. I rode the Metro until I reached the Termini where I then switched to Metro B and rode until the Colosseum. After 45 minutes of laying on the grass admiring the Colosseum, I walked down the street to Piazza Venezia and then walked on Via Corso to Piazza del Popolo. There, I exited the city center and crossed the street to a train station which took me to Prima Porta where Saul picked me up. And, I did all this speaking in Italian (along with many hand gestures). Today was a magnificent confidence builder.
WOW!!! That was fantastic. We are so proud of you, great job.
ReplyDeleteLove, Karen & Mike
That is so awesome! What a life! We love you Dani!
ReplyDeleteThe first outing is always the hardest and you did it! Way to go!!
ReplyDeletegood job! u did better then me! one time when i was in london i got lost in the biggest train station! by myself! and i was like 12! hahah so congrats.
ReplyDeletei hope u are having a blast! how are the kids and all? keep bloging so we can all know whats going on and all be jealous! :) miss ya
I'd rather be lost in Italy than know exactly where I was in downtown Ashland any day of the week. Great job conquering your nerves!! Enjoy this feeling, soon, not to many months from now you'll be freaking out because you just passed the coliseum and you'll realize you didn't even notice it as you went by! Have some Gelato for me...chocolate please.
ReplyDelete